Dear AiT and First5 GPs,
The Junior International Committee of the RCGP warmly invite you to attend “GP – A Global Speciality”.
“GP- A Global Speciality” is a full day event on Saturday 23rd June in London for AiTs and First5 GPs with an interest in global health.
We aim to show you how, as GPs, we are ideally placed to contribute to global health, and how developing an interest in global health can broaden your horizons and bring more to your local population. We hope we can inspire you to use your skills as a GP to improve health and wellbeing of populations both locally and worldwide.
• Learn about global health in General Practice
• Explore ways in which you can get involved
• Identify long term global partnerships to promote and support primary healthcare worldwide
• Network with GPs with a range of global health interests
The day will consist of talks, panel sessions and workshops from a range of speakers and organisations, including Doctors of the World, Doctors Worldwide, Virtual Doctors and the Vasco da Gama Movement.
Exciting keynote addresses from:
• Dr Edward Parry Jones – Plymouth GP and International Medical Director for Sub-Saharan Africa for RCGP
• Professor Anita Berlin, Professor of Primary Care Education and Head of Community-Based Medical Education, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
10:00-10:30 Welcome introductions
10:30-13:00 Morning sessions
13:00 Lunch (included)
14:00-16:45 Afternoon sessions
The full programme will be published in the coming weeks.
The event will take place on Saturday 23rd June at Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Please sign via the link.
We hope to see you there